Our clients can be reassured by :
- Our Arboricultural Association accreditation
- CHAS accreditation (Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme)
- The training and certificates held by the staff
- A robust management system
- Modern well maintained equipment
- £10,000,000 Public Liability Insurance
- £10,000,000 Employees Liability insurance
- £2,000,000 Professional indemnity insurance
- Risk assessment & method statements provided
- Free quotations
All work carried out at Upton Specialised Tree Services complies with the current legislation governing arboricultural operations.
- Town & Country Planning Regulations (Trees)
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (L.O.L.E.R.) and Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (P.U.W.E.R.)
- BS 3998:2010 and 5837:1991
- COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
The most significant pieces of legislation affecting tree work are the Town & Country Planning Act 1990, under which Tree Preservation Orders (T.P.O.s) are made, and the Town & Country Planning (Trees) Regulations which imposes statutory controls on tree works in Conservation Areas.
These Acts stipulate that before work is carried out to protected trees either consent is granted by the Planning Authority or a Notice of Intention is served on the Authority.
Upton Specialised Tree Services can issue all necessary notices to gain consent.
The Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981 affords protection to nesting birds and roosting bats. All tree works are carried out with regard to this legislation. Bat Awareness courses have been attended.
Planning Authorities will require all tree works to be carried out according to best practice, the British Standard ‘Recommendations for Tree Work’ B.S. 3998:2010.
The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and many subsequent linked Acts and Regulations impose strict controls on tree works and the people carrying out those works. All works carried out by Upton Specialised Tree Services conform to all current legislation and regulations including training, first aid, inspection of equipment and P.P.E (Personal Protective Equipment).
Upton Specialised Tree Services is committed to continuous training in all legal matters and developments ensuring that all work is carried out legally and to best practice.